The 2015/16 edition of this List's Eating & Drinking Guide is out today – only £5.95 (+p&p).
This analysis is extracted from the present (2015) edition.
Despite its vanishingly little frontage, Angels strikes deeply into the flank of the Royal Mile, broadening out into a low-ceilinged, personal room overlooking Warriston Close. It’s a tremendously professional operation, effortlessly guaranteed and quietly confident from off. There’s a little but choose cocktail selection to seek advice from and newly cooked breads quickly arrives to come with your choice generating. And it also’s quite difficult: there’s imagination and flair here. A parsley root velouté with spinach and ricotta tortellini is a smooth and deeply flavoured piece, while spears of crisply charred mackerel tend to be artfully served with chicory, apple and a mild curry sauce. A primary of lamb with spiced dried beans, aubergine, shallots and baby turnip is only a little workaday regardless of the imaginative accompaniments, but a rib-eye steak is matched with a deliciously herby tomato, a tangy, creamy peppercorn sauce plus some crisp fries. Winning the dessert wars is the ginger, honey and pear cheesecake. Light, meltingly smooth and carefully spiced, it's a fantastic finish.
- Tall point: Table for just two to four obtainable in its wee area
- Minimal point: the key space is personal verging on claustrophobic
- Significant meal: Ginger honey and pear cheesecake
Having opened regarding Royal Mile this season, Angels with Bagpipes has actually quickly established it self as one of the most readily useful Scottish restaurants in Edinburgh.
Blending an atmospheric Old Town setting with classy, contemporary looks, Angels with Bagpipes had been made to end up being the type of romantic Edinburgh restaurant in which Rabbie Burns usually takes Sofia Loren for a sophisticated day.
Text supplied by alternative party.
- Exclusive dinner: as much as 30 covers
- Provides: kids portions, youngsters' high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre selection, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: jazz
- Capability: 86 (70 indoor / 16 outside)
- Premier group: 30
- Open since: 2010
- Amount of wines offered because of the cup: 15
- Home wine: £21 every container